Honda Spark Plug Problem

Old 04-26-06, 03:11 PM
Honda Spark Plug Problem

I'm working on a Honda HRR2162SDA. After running the engine for 1 to 2 hours, the spark plug has heavy black deposits on it and the engine quits running. Here's what I've done so far:
1. Replaced the spark plug with a new one.
2. Replaced all of the gas with new gas.
3. Took off the carb, cleaned it by soaking in Carb Fluid and then used compressed air.
4. Made sure air cleaner was clean.

Mower still fouled out the plug. So, I replaced the carb with another carb I knew worked along with another new spark plug. Spark plug fouled out same as before.

Any suggestions?

Robert

Sponsored Links
Old 04-26-06, 06:34 PM
Cloged filter

Replace the air filter. Honda uses filters that will trap more dust and cause a rich run situation. The good news is that helps protect the engine from dirt ingestion. But the filters do clog more quickly.

AJ

Old 04-26-06, 07:38 PM
I'll get a new filter and let you know if it solves the problem. The filter "looked OK" but it is the only part I have not replaced. Thanks for the suggestion.

Old 05-08-06, 01:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
is it over heating

is the mower overheating you should see white smoke coming from the muffler and the blower houseing if so the what is the oil level also the mower could be running to fast does it have a govenor check that that could be the problem i had a honda HRA-21 that did the same thing it did not quit but it overheated all most right away low was high and high was super idle was low so if this sounds like what your mower is doing than take it to a honda dealer and have them look at it if its a honda its worth fixing

Old 05-09-06, 12:48 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
If it was overheating, the plug wouldn't be black and sooty.

Old 05-09-06, 02:04 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
than why is my sparkplug black and the part that goes into the the boot black it should not be couse my mower is over heating there is smoke coming from the muffler and the blower houseing like a bunck of cigerates i trid adjusting the governer to slow it down but did not stop it from over heating cause it is running to fast its a honda HRA-21 SELF-PROPELLED

Last edited by lexmarks567; 05-09-06 at 07:41 AM.