Dead Electric mower motor

Old 04-27-06, 09:26 AM
Dead Electric mower motor

Going through a tough patch of grass, this old electric mower just stopped. I get 120V under the shroud at the two connector entry to the motor. Should I go further? I'm hoping that there is a protection cut-off device somewhere in there that I haven't seen yet. And whats the two square inch four pronged electrical component that the handle cord plugs into at the motor? I bypassed that and still no go. If you think a winding is burned out --why wasn't it protected with a fuse or re-settable switch?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-06, 12:57 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
How Old Is The Unit

I'M not familer with electric mowers but the moter could be burned up was there any burning smell like plastic melting or anything like that also how old is the unit i think older units did not have a overload protection device newer ones do i think what happened when you went through the grass was it was to thick and overloaded the moter and it burned up does the motor try to turn what does it do now anything if not and you bypassed everything i hate to say this but you need a new mower you can call a few repair shops and see if they repair electric mowers most places charge for a estimet around $20 if they say it can't be fixed then i afraid you need a new mower

Search this Thread