Lawn Tractor advice

Old 04-29-06, 05:59 AM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Lawn Tractor advice

I'm new to this and have narrowed my choices to the John Deere 22HP 145 or the Husqvarna 24 HP 2448T. Both are 48 inch decks, large tires reverse mowing and similar features. The JD is a couple hundred bucks more.

Opinions welcome, and thanks.

Old 04-29-06, 06:24 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Although, hands down, the Deere wins in my opinion, you need to consider the future. Do you have a servicing dealer for each in your area? Lets say you have a dealer who services Electrolux products ten miles away and the closest Deere dealer is over 50 miles away, you may want to consider the Husqvarna over the Deere. Remember, most times, the machine will break down on a weekend and you'll want to drive to the dealer for parts that day and still finish your task as well. Are you looking at buying these tractors from a independent dealer or a box store? You won't find many replacement parts at the box store and you definitely won't find anyone knowledgeable enough to ask technical questions and expect a good answer.

Old 04-29-06, 07:07 AM
G
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks so much. The machines are at the box store, but I do have a JD dealer here as well. I may have the Husqvarna guy too. If I have both, the Deere is the way to go??

Old 04-29-06, 07:26 AM
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
It may be more to buy, but the Deere will well oulast the Husqy and is much nicer to work on for the DIYer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: