Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Craftsman Riding Mower dead

05-04-06, 08:54 AM   #1  
Craftsman Riding Mower dead

My Craftsman riding mower quit. I pulled it out to begin it's weekly chores, and after stopping to air up a front tire, I got back on and it won't start. No clicking, no turnover, no nothing. Replaced the battery (was purchased on 01, so I thought it was due), but no help. Before I begin disassembling the housing to get to the starter/selinoid, though I'd ask for advice as to what to look for. In reading earlier posts, I see the crastsman troubleshooting site is down, and I can't seem to find any other.
Suggestions?

Sponsored Links

NY

05-04-06, 02:53 PM   #2  
As foolish a question it seems, I need to ask anyhow. Are you sure all applicable controls are in neutral/disengage position? Clutch depressed (or parking brake set)? Deck engagement lever disengaged?

AL

05-04-06, 08:36 PM   #3  
As well as the transmission being in neutral---clutch being depressed fully--blades disengaged--and you in the seat as puey61 mentioned,It also could be a just blown fuse,or a bad ignition switch or even one of the four (4) safty switches has gone bad.

Search this Thread