Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

**PLEASE HELP FIX!** MTD Ridding Lawnmower Won't move forward! ?HUH? :oO

05-05-06, 07:03 PM   #1  
**PLEASE HELP FIX!** MTD Ridding Lawnmower Won't move forward! ?HUH? :oO

Thanks to v8driver & puey61 who has helped me get my ridding lawnmower going. I did the spin the engine by hand, took out the sparkplug off while spining the engine and I also replaced it with a new battery. I had a winner, the ridding lawnmower turned on and it's running. At first it was smoking but it eventually stopped. Here is the BAD NEWS> Now, there is another problem! It won't move!!!! WEIRD I'm not kidding! it won't move forward or backwards, NADA... Nothing.. Turns on, everything seems find and BANG It won't move...... AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.. Did I mention it is still leaking oil on it's right front side. We are almost there HELP!

Now, to make matters even worse, I have bought another Ridding Lawnmower 18.5 42" inch cut MTD for $250. I thought I had a deal, and ended up with a LEMON! Yeah, the seller assured me it worked well and he jumped it up with a another lanmower and it cranked up & cut just find. He told me all it needed was a new battery and sold it to me for $250 after he was asking for $400 for it and I thought I had a DEAL! My husband was ill... !TWO! Broken MTD machines now. As for this new one we got, does NOT crank up completelly. It won't start, just hear it wanting to run SOUND, but something not letting it go. We replaced it's battery to. This one seems to be at worst. WAAAH!

I'm devasted.. Any help would be gladly appericated.

Sponsored Links

AL

05-05-06, 07:57 PM   #2  
let get this one going first,QUOTE"Now, there is another problem! It won't move!!!! WEIRD I'm not kidding! it won't move forward or backwards."

While the engine is running,have someone to look to see if the rear axles are turning,if thay are one of the rear wheel keys is sheard or missing.
If the axles doesn't turn,then turn engine off and look under the frame,check and see if the transmisson belt (top) one is on.

Search this Thread