Engine pulley for Tecumseh Engine

Old 05-08-06, 08:34 AM
Engine pulley for Tecumseh Engine

I have an old Rototiller that I am trying to bring back to life. It was my fathers and was bought in the 1960's. Its a 4hp Tecumseh Craftsman. I just picked up a replacement 4HP Tecumseh engine (HS40) , the old one needed more work than I wanted to do and I got a good deal on this new engine (Yes it was never actually used). My question centers around the pully which mounts to the engine. The old engine had a 1" dia shaft with a 3" pully mounted to it. My new engine has a 3/4" shaft so the pully isn't transferable. Where can I get a 3/4" dia 3" pulley to fit on this new engine? I did a search on this web site, but couldn't find anything. Thanks in advance. Dan

Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-06, 11:37 AM
For a single belt pulley you could try Tractor Supply or just about any Ace Hardware. www.grainger.com has a mind goggling varity of pulleys available.

If the old pulley was a double belt version, you will also need to match the center to center distance of the two grooves. Minor variations will cause belt wear, shortening belt life.

Last edited by JLOpower; 05-08-06 at 02:56 PM.