Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Synthetic 5/50 in Honda 4stroke..Screwed Up Engine?

05-08-06, 09:57 PM   #1  
Synthetic 5/50 in Honda 4stroke..Screwed Up Engine?

I stupidly changed oil in Honda Harmony mini-tiller with Mobile-1 5/50 synthetic instead of 10/30 as recommended in manual ( didn't want to drive to town). After starting engine, it blew white smoke and sputtered gas out of exhaust. Immediately shut it down ( after 45-60 seconds), went to town and replace with correct oil. Now, it wont start and appears to have gas mixed in oil.. Have I ruined the engine? anyone have ideas on how to fix, or should I take to shop..
thanks for any help,

idiot in Southern Oregon..

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-08-06, 11:53 PM   #2  
I don't think the problem you have is even related to the oil. It is just coincidence that the carburetor started leaking gas at this time. You'll need to clean the carburetor, and change the oil afterwards if gas is in it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

05-09-06, 07:26 AM   #3  
I'm sure Cheese is right, your carb has problems totally unrelated to the oil change. Fix the carb and change the oil to get rid of the gas that has contaminated the current oil, and you should be good to go.

Search this Thread