Craftsman snowblower 7hp Tecumseh

Old 05-09-06, 03:25 PM
Question Craftsman snowblower 7hp Tecumseh

I have an older snowblower & I am looking for pictures & or diagrams of the throttle controls. Mine is missing some pieces when I got it & I am trying to put it back together. The model # is 143-606102 & I have been to the Sears web site & found some info but none detailed enough to help. If needed I can send a pic of what I have. Thank you in advance for any & all help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-06, 03:55 AM
Buy yourself a Tecumseh service manual, part number 740049, at your local dealer. This will greatly help you out.

Old 05-10-06, 09:16 AM
Is it a genaric manual or does it get specific or are all tecumseh set up the same? Not sure how old it is so wasn't sure if a manual was still available. Thanks for the info.

Old 05-10-06, 03:41 PM
Shady,
A pic would help, post or PM. Is that thing about 30 yrs. old? I've got some pics up somewhere, just have to remember which forum.

Judging by the diag. on the sears site, the setup is quite similar to the old Ariens units. If we figger' out whatchya need, I may have it kicking around. In the meantime, I'll cross the number of the engine and see what it compares to (linkage-wise). Do you have the long link that goes from the governor arm to the throttle shaft?

Tom

Old 05-10-06, 04:05 PM
Shady,
Just found this one. Does it look like what you have?