Cyclo carb cleaner

Old 05-12-06, 11:22 AM
Cyclo carb cleaner

I just thought I would post this and tell you guys about his carb cleaner. Ive used alot of carb cleaner in the past and was out. I ran to a store thats High priced but close by and got a can of cyclo carb cleaner for abour $5.00. It seemed high to me but I was in a bind and needed some and it said fast gum cutter on it, the carb I was working on had gummy stuff in it. Since I had this can Ive got 3 engins running just by spraying them out really good with this. One carb I did this to last year with another can of cleaner and still wouldnt run but after using this can it runs like a top. So I thought I would let you guys know that this stuff worked great for me.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-06, 08:47 PM
Does it read on the can what's in it? Probablly has MEK in it.

Old 05-13-06, 04:31 PM
Im not sure whats in it, I will look tomarrow but I think it said there is acetone in it.

Old 05-13-06, 06:17 PM
This is what I found on the can.
Acetone
Methanol
Toluene

Old 05-13-06, 08:41 PM
Yeah, all of those are solvents... after looking at a can of gumout I had, contains methyl ethyl ketone (a very strong solvent), acetone (solvent) and xylene (solvent) along with propane and and petroleum distillates... I'm not sure, I think coastal carb cleaner has those ingredients, I'd have to look when I see it again, coastal carb cleaner is ok, cheap as well.