need a good weed wacker

Old 05-12-06, 12:52 PM
need a good weed wacker

any sugg.on a good 1 to buy

Sponsored Links
Old 05-12-06, 12:58 PM
I love my sthil straight shaft, I don't feel any bent shafts are strong enough.

Old 05-12-06, 04:49 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I also like sthil, mine is a bent shaft [bought it used - would've preferred straight] and has worked well for the last 10 years - did have the carb rebuilt last year.

I inherited my fathers homelite when they moved into a retirement home. It seems to work well although it doesn't have the power the stihl has.

Old 05-12-06, 05:39 PM
We bought a couple km55r last year and use them every day all day long. I have a friend that has two echo that are comparable in size and in my opinion there is no comparison. Although I heard huskavahana make a pretty nasty wacker but haven't tried one out yet

The km's are stihl's muti tool system witch makes life easy and is a lot less to carry around instead of all the separate tools.

Old 05-13-06, 04:28 AM
gsr
How much?

How much area are you looking to trim and how often? If it is a .25 acre residential lot with 2-3 trees and a couple other things I'd look at some of the rechargable ones like Black and Decker Hedge Hog - not as durable as the Stihl's mentioned but for the price they are good, quiet and always "start" (assuming you put it away in the charger when you are done).