Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

where to buy carb cleaner

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

05-19-06, 03:20 AM   #1  
where to buy carb cleaner

where do i buy carb cleaner and how much does it cost and how do i use it do i pore it in to some water and mix or do i use is strate (no adding water) cause i have a carb that had SAWDUST in it and will not put fuel into the engine it will if i spray fuel into the carb by a spraybottle than the engine will run untill i stop the governer plate is stuck would carb cleaner get it carb running or does it need a rebuild.

Sponsored Links

TX

05-19-06, 04:53 AM   #2  
If there's no gum/varnish, all you need is to disassemble carb and wash with fresh gas or solvent. Especially check passage where gas hose attaches to carb and float needle or diaphragm needle. Also blow out all other passages with air.Don't know what type carb you have. Put a few 3/8" nuts in tank along with a little gas, shake gas tank with it removed from engine to break anything loose and rinse out w/ clean gas several times.
Mike
PS: NAPA sells a good carb cleaner. Either in spray can or large can suitable for soaking entire carb.

05-19-06, 11:54 AM   #3  
walbro

the carb is a walbro diaframe type and is missing the primer

05-19-06, 06:58 PM   #4  
Spray can or bath? Napa sells some good stuff you soak the carb in, family dollar, wal-mart.... these places sell spray carb cleaner cheap.... gumout is a good brand to use... heck its 2 bucks a can at a family dollar....

05-19-06, 07:16 PM   #5  
bath

i have 2 cans of carb and choke cleaner i need the bath kind where just drop the carb in over night.

Posted By: v8driver Spray can or bath? Napa sells some good stuff you soak the carb in, family dollar, wal-mart.... these places sell spray carb cleaner cheap.... gumout is a good brand to use... heck its 2 bucks a can at a family dollar....

NY

05-20-06, 07:59 AM   #6  
Napa has the best I've found so far.

Search this Thread