weedeater featherlite wont stay running

Old 05-20-06, 09:19 AM
Question weedeater featherlite wont stay running

This unit is about 1.5 years old its a 25 cc engine. When we got it it was a bit hard to start , We put it away and drained the fuel and now when we try to use it it quits even if you adjust the choke. Ive primed it with straight fuel and it runs briefly The primer ball would not refill so i figured there was a blockage and removed the carb bases and blew thru the pasages this fixed the issue with the primer .My son has advised me that this tool ws doing it last year as well. I called the repair depot (2 year warranty )and they said they would have to look it over to see if its a warranty or not and there of course a charge for that almost what i paid for the thing .Any help would be appreciated .
I have verified that the fuel oil mix is correct and fresh .

Sponsored Links
Old 05-20-06, 09:28 AM
You definitely have blockage in the passageways of the carburetor. You need to soak it in a good bath type cleaner (using necessary precautions when using such) and recondition it with the proper rebuild kit, paying close attention to the inlet screen. By the way, never use straight gasoline when running or servicing two stroke engines. It takes only a matter of a couple minutes to toast the engine. I recommend removing the muffler and inspecting the piston, ring(s) and cylinder before you procede with a carb recon. They should be nice and shiny, no scratches/scoring.

Old 05-24-06, 08:20 PM
Originally Posted by puey61
You definitely have blockage in the passageways of the carburetor. You need to soak it in a good bath type cleaner (using necessary precautions when using such) and recondition it with the proper rebuild kit, paying close attention to the inlet screen. By the way, never use straight gasoline when running or servicing two stroke engines. It takes only a matter of a couple minutes to toast the engine. I recommend removing the muffler and inspecting the piston, ring(s) and cylinder before you procede with a carb recon. They should be nice and shiny, no scratches/scoring.
Seems like an awful lot to do on a engine that probably has less then 2 hours use But will give it a swing ,we bought a cordless one ( big mistake )and thats going back ill spend the money on this instead thanks so much . The inlet screen I assume is the filter that sits in the fuel tank ?Sorry im more use to car engines . The reason I shot some straight fuel into it was to see if it still did the same thing I used a syringe very small amount of fuel .

Old 05-24-06, 10:10 PM
No,thats not the inlet screen.Thats just a fuel tank fuel filter.The inlet screen that purey is talking about is a round dished shaped screen located inside the fuel pump side of the carb.

TIP:instad of useing raw gas to run through the carb. use mixed 2-cycle fuel or WD-40,something with oil in it but will also ignite.

Old 05-24-06, 10:16 PM
Seafoam deep creep is a good starting fluid for 2 cycles, 4 cycles you can use gas, to starting fluid or carb cleaner sometimes. But 2 cycles have to have that oil. Wd-40, the new stuff doesn't burn as good.