low idol

Old 05-26-06, 08:45 AM
low idol

my craftsman 6.75 mower is idoling slow and has a hard vibration. the igsost is dark. please help.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-06, 09:06 AM
( igsost ) exhaust?
Have you hit anything in the yard with it? That's just to rule out the vibration from a bent blade or crank.

For the rough idling, try it real quick without the air filter and see if it helps..... ( DO NOT cut grass with the mower, without the airfilter)

Old 05-26-06, 01:02 PM
v8driver got it right on the nose about the vibration,you did hit some thing.But I if the impact is hard enough to bend a crankshaft,it was surely hard enough to shear the flywheel key.Which throw it out of time.And that would a count for the mower idoling slow.

Old 05-26-06, 11:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
i had this problem with 2 of my mowers one cost me $114 to repair they were both craftsmans the first one was a 3.5HP 20inch 3 in 1 ez 3 mower when i was cutting my naghbors grass in the back yard i hit a pipe sticking out of the lawn my guess is it was a gas pipe stoped the mower cold lucky the mower did not get damaged or the pipe mower still worked fine the second is a 6.75HP craftsman rear bagger mulcher the guy i stole it from (got it out of the trash) installed the blade unside down and the blade broke the flywheel key so when i went to start it it would kick back (rip the rope out of my hand ouch) cost $114 dollars to repair also because the carb had to be rebult but it was worth it the mower looked brand new to when i nabed it.

Old 05-27-06, 07:59 AM
Originally Posted by lexmarks567
i had this problem with 2 of my mowers one cost me $114 to repair they were both craftsmans the first one was a 3.5HP 20inch 3 in 1 ez 3 mower when i was cutting my naghbors grass in the back yard i hit a pipe sticking out of the lawn my guess is it was a gas pipe stoped the mower cold lucky the mower did not get damaged or the pipe mower still worked fine the second is a 6.75HP craftsman rear bagger mulcher the guy i stole it from (got it out of the trash) installed the blade unside down and the blade broke the flywheel key so when i went to start it it would kick back (rip the rope out of my hand ouch) cost $114 dollars to repair also because the carb had to be rebult but it was worth it the mower looked brand new to when i nabed it.
Did you pay $114 for sears to do it? Ouch, flywheel keys are pennies, replacing one takes a torque wrench you can borrow (of course I've done a couple without one) and a few minutes to take a rubber mallet and take the flywheel off and replace the key. Carb rebuild would be around $10 at the most. That includes a couple bucks worth of carb cleaner in a spray can.... and yes I've gotten a couple really..... really gummy carbs clean as a whistle with just spray carb cleaner.