Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

can a sod cutter fit in trunk of a camry?

CAL

05-26-06, 03:47 PM   #1  
can a sod cutter fit in trunk of a camry?

Hi,

I have never rented a sod cutter before or use one before. I asked the rental place if it will fit in the back seat or in the trunk with parts sticking out. Then, I can use bungee cord to tie the hood down and put a red flag on the trunk. I have about 15 minutes to drive from the rental place to my house.

The guy said it is heavy and will damage my trunk. Can someone tell me if I can use my camry (1988) to take the sod cutter home? I am trying not to rent a pickup truck and for tomorrow no one can lend me a truck.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

05-26-06, 10:49 PM   #2  
No, I don't think I've ever seen a sod cutter that would fit in a trunk, or anyone strong enough to lift one out of a trunk had someone managed to fit one in one. They are quite heavy and bulky. You'll need a truck at least, and help for unloading it.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CAL

05-26-06, 10:58 PM   #3  
This might not be the right forum to ask this question. But do I need to dampen the lawn before using the sod cutter. The lawn is dried and has not been watered for 5 days.

Thank you.

CO

05-27-06, 08:35 AM   #4  
sod cutter

Yes the lawn needs to be very moist to use a sod cutter

Search this Thread