Ingersoll Rand Jumping Jack Problems

Old 05-28-06, 08:46 AM
Ingersoll Rand Jumping Jack Problems

First post. Good day to all.
I have been chosen to play with a pair of these earth packers. They are powered by EC 10 Robin engines. They have been in a shed a number of years. One I have managed to get running quite nicely. T'other seems to have a bit of an attitude. It idles well and seems to run in high idle ok, but after a short duration, peters out and quits. I haven't dunked this carb in carb cleaner yet and this will be my next attempt. How does one set the float on this Mikuni (??) carb? There is also an air mixture screw that is located on the carb mounting flange. How many turns on this screw? I have been told that this could be a lean out problem caused by a faulty crank seal? Comments please. Where can I find info and specks for this IR unit? These forums are great. Thanks for your help. Oh, this is my second try on this and I hope I haven't submitted twice. Lost the last try somewhere in computer land

Sponsored Links
Old 05-31-06, 02:11 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello and welcome Kamlooky!

Are these 2-stroke engines? The mixture screw is generally set 1 1/2 turns out from seated. Fine tune from there. The problem is likely carb or fuel related, but the crank seal is a possibility if it's a 2-stroke. If the gas cap is not venting, this would cause your problem too.