Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

LawnBoy Lawnmower

CANADA

05-29-06, 05:50 PM   #1  
LawnBoy Lawnmower

I am enquiring as to the approximate length of cord should be on Lawn Boy Lawnmower. This cord merely exits the lawnmower at the chasis.(Does not go all the way up to the handle) Also enquiring how many turns around the flywheel should there be. If you need model number I will supply.

Regards

Sponsored Links

AL

05-29-06, 11:15 PM   #2  
Two and a half to three foot should be long enough.

By your question,sounds to me anyway that you have just a starter cup setting on top of your flywheel.If that be the case,wrap rope all the way and pull like H*ll.

NY

05-30-06, 02:54 AM   #3  
If this is an older, vertical pull starter then you'll want to use four feet of #4.5 rope. I think you're calling the starter pulley the flywheel...are you? I'm not sure what you mean by wraps.

CANADA

05-30-06, 08:11 AM   #4  
Lawnboy Lawnmower Rope Broken

What I am referring to is that the pull rope comes out of the chasis vertically(in other words you pull the cord in a verticle direction. the rope goes down and wraps around a spring unit which in turn turns a gear whhich engages the flywheel. I put about four feet around the spring wheel but about 8 inches are left dangling loose across the top of the mower. Do I need to turn the spring more, or is the cord too long.?

AL

05-30-06, 01:32 PM   #5  
Posted By: waynf What I am referring to is that the pull rope comes out of the chasis vertically(in other words you pull the cord in a verticle direction. the rope goes down and wraps around a spring unit which in turn turns a gear whhich engages the flywheel. I put about four feet around the spring wheel but about 8 inches are left dangling loose across the top of the mower. Do I need to turn the spring more, or is the cord too long.?
I didn't understand what you ment before.But 4 feet is plenty for a vertical pull starter.Just very EZ pull on the rope till the flywheel turns about 1/4 turn or so and tie a knot behind the pull handle,right there.Then cut off the excess,hold a lighter next to rope end to make sure that the knott doesn't slip out (staying away from any gas) and your done.

Search this Thread