Any advice on Cub Cadet mowers?

Old 06-01-06, 01:18 PM
Any advice on Cub Cadet mowers?

I'm looking at buying a new cub cadet riding lawn mower. I've never owned a cub cadet nor do I know of anyone who has. This mower is a zero-turn, 22 hp with a Kawasaki motor, and a 50" deck. Home Depot has them for $3,00.00. Is a Cub Cadet really that good of a mower, is it worth the money? I don't want to spend that amount of money if this mower is only going to last a few years, or if they have alot of problems with them. I have about 6 acers of lawn I have to cut and I need a well built mower with zero-turn. Anyone know anything on Cub Cadets?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-02-06, 07:29 AM
gsr
Cubs...

I just bought a small Cub tractor that I like but I've only had it a month so I can't tell you how long it will last.
Personally I'd check to see if there is a local dealer - they will sell it for the same price as HD but they'll also be able to service it if necessary.

If you have more to spend I'd look at the Simplicity Javelin they have one with a 22hp motor and 50" deck for $3,899 it costs more but it's definately well made.

I really like the Simplicities but in the size's I wanted the Simplicity would need to last almost twice as long to pay for itself.

Old 06-03-06, 04:46 AM
Cub Cadet makes their own line, but MTD makes the ones that the big box stores sell. Much like the John Deere's aren't made by John Deere (and the JD dealer doesn't have parts for them).

Last edited by Pendragon; 06-03-06 at 05:26 AM.
Old 06-03-06, 08:15 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Not an endorsement, but my local school district with fourteen schools, uses Deere and Exmark zero turn mowers for the tight areas and big Deere tractors pulling a cutter for the larger open fields.

Search this Thread