JD 110 engine trouble

Old 06-03-06, 08:59 AM
JD 110 engine trouble

My dad has a john deere 110 with a 8 hp kohler engine. about 3 years ago it was burning oil real bad and he had a drunk friend rebuild it, for $900. I wasnt a big fan of it obviously but thats in the past. It never ran right after he got it back, its been 2 years now, govenor is screwed up and it has a brand new carb. the throttle as about usless, it runs to fast and you need to have choke on and it has no power. I think the govenor and carb are screwed up, can anyone tell me how to set this up right?

Thanks alot, I hope I can get some help.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-06, 09:48 AM
Governor adjustment is as follows: 1- Loosen the nut that holds the governor arm to the governor shaft. 2- With a pliers, turn the shaft counter-clockwise (CCW). 3- While holding the shaft in this position, move the governor arm to the left as far as it will go. 4- Tighten the nut you loosened in step one. As for carburetor adjustments, if it is a Kohler carburetor the idle circuit needle is 1 1/4 turns out and the high circuit needle is 2 turns out. If it has a Walbro carb, then it should be a fixed high speed carb and the only adjustment will be the idle circuit and this will be 2 1/2 turns out. The carb adjustments are general and only a starting point as overall engine conditions may require you to tweek these once the engine is warmed up.

Old 06-03-06, 04:01 PM
It worked great, thanks alot. It isnt perfect but I think some playing around with it and it will be fine. 2 years thats been bothering me. My mowers all run like a top, briggs not kohler. I think for $900 this one should too. I really appreciate the help, more then you know. thanks again