Rear end needed

Old 06-04-06, 10:08 PM
Unhappy Rear end needed

My '92 Wards 18hp riding mower needs a new rearend as the aluminum housing is broken in pieces. Any ideas on where to get a good used one, or is it junk time? Regards, Jerbear

Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-06, 12:02 AM
Its certainly not junk time.... I beleive mtd makes wards tractors.... so you wouldn't be looking at just a wards tractor, but everything made by mtd. There's of course small engine shops, local places.... and by local, I mean garage sells, or a old mower like yours rusting out in someones yard with maybe a blown engine maybe. OR ebay.
You might get lucky and find another perfectly good tractor that might work with a little work, or be good enough for other parts as well.

Old 06-05-06, 04:38 PM
Thanks V8driver, maybe there's hope yet. Was curious as to how to determine what other makes or years will interchange with mine. I've called several small engine shops and there's nothing there. Called for new parts and the rearend is $550.00 Maybe I will advertise for one in the local paper and see what happens. Thanks for your prompt reply. Jerbear