Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Rear end needed

06-04-06, 10:08 PM   #1  
Rear end needed

My '92 Wards 18hp riding mower needs a new rearend as the aluminum housing is broken in pieces. Any ideas on where to get a good used one, or is it junk time? Regards, Jerbear

Sponsored Links

06-05-06, 12:02 AM   #2  
Its certainly not junk time.... I beleive mtd makes wards tractors.... so you wouldn't be looking at just a wards tractor, but everything made by mtd. There's of course small engine shops, local places.... and by local, I mean garage sells, or a old mower like yours rusting out in someones yard with maybe a blown engine maybe. OR ebay.
You might get lucky and find another perfectly good tractor that might work with a little work, or be good enough for other parts as well.

06-05-06, 04:38 PM   #3  
Thanks V8driver, maybe there's hope yet. Was curious as to how to determine what other makes or years will interchange with mine. I've called several small engine shops and there's nothing there. Called for new parts and the rearend is $550.00 Maybe I will advertise for one in the local paper and see what happens. Thanks for your prompt reply. Jerbear

Search this Thread