Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

dirt in intake on Kawasaki

06-05-06, 05:21 AM   #1  
dirt in intake on Kawasaki

I run an 18 hp Kaw on a Z turn Toro. I check the air filter regular and clean the outside junk off with a blow gun - not too much pressure.

I had noticed that there was always a deposit of dirt as you look down into the intrake under the choke butterfly. Ah ha, I checked the seal on the filter and all the things going to the intake that could let dirt in there. This kept occurring. So i sprung for a new air filter thinking that some real fine stuff was getting thru or the seal was getting old on the bottom of the filter.

So I anxiously waited about three hours of run time and took a peek. Crapola a new deposit of light dirt/dust.

Anybody else had this issue? I amparanoid about what the motor is sucking on inside based on what I see on the intake.

Sponsored Links

PA

06-05-06, 08:22 AM   #2  
You are not paranoid to be worried about dirt getting past the filter system. I'd closely check the filtet housing for dings where the cover fits over the filter, loose grommets, or gaskets or cracks in gaskets, and cracks in any hoses leading to the filter housing or carb. Are you using original manufacturer filters? or a off brand replacement?

CO

06-05-06, 09:06 AM   #3  
dirt

What is the model number?
AJ

06-05-06, 06:27 PM   #4  
aj - here it is

Code Fh601v-as06
E/no Fh601va02712

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-06-06, 01:23 AM   #5  
If all filter mating surfaces seem to be smooth, closing tight, and straight, then take a look at the breather tube(s) from the pcv. If it is cracked, it will allow dust/dirt to enter the intake.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

CO

06-06-06, 07:54 AM   #6  
Bad intake pipe?

The FH601V had a bad intake pipe serial numbers before B55460 Kawasaki made a kit to repair part number 99999-7038. It was service bulletin ENG 04-01 February 4 2004. The intake pipe would not seal to the carb. Kit included new intake pipe & gasket.

AJ

Search this Thread