Craftsman LT1000 dies after 10 minutes

Old 06-10-06, 10:31 AM
Craftsman LT1000 dies after 10 minutes

mower is less than a year old, not many hours on it. it starts up fine but begins to sputter out after 10 minutes. if i wait 5 or 10 minutes i can get it started and it runs another 10 minutes or so

it's killing me. i am not that mechanically inclined. i checked air filter, plug, oil. seems fine. i thought it was over heating but this happened on very cool day as well

please help!

thanks
nick in southbury

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-06, 07:14 PM
Try it without the gas cap and see if it has any effect on it.

Old 06-10-06, 11:17 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
What brand engine? Horsepower? Do you have spark when it dies?

Old 06-10-06, 11:55 PM
sounds like its flooding out,make sure that choke is off,after it gets warmed up,i have had my old push mower,now for the third summer now..it has a 3 1/2 horse power motor,same old cheap,light duty.engine they throw together and put on there.there so cheap made,im surprised,they run and spin the blade.i went out and bought the 98 dollar special..it sits all winter..with what ever left over gas i leave in it..i have not changed the oil.when the first,time to cut the grass comes,i go out there and fill the tank..hit the little blub,ten times and it fires right up..no problem.one or two pulls.so it blows my mind,that so meny people have problems with theres..its a murray,the company that went out of bussiness..

Old 06-12-06, 05:08 AM
it

if it were me I would sort out if you have a spark or gas problem. Immediately when it dies and won't restart check if you have spark - we can go from there