wizard 11/38 riding mower help me

Old 06-11-06, 08:06 PM
Exclamation wizard 11/38 riding mower help me

i bought an old used wizard 11/38 riding mower.I cant find anything out about it.i think its mid 80s model.where can i find a manual or any other info on this thing.
Just recently ive had a mower deck issue,when the blades are engaged and i start mowing the deck vibrates n mower bogs down too point of dying if i dont hit the clutch n wait for it to take off again.i sharpend and balanced the blades so thats not the prob.why is this doing this.the deck shudders n vibrates when i try to cut the grass.is it belt tension.or is somthing else going on.its been great mower n had no probs with it till now.help please anyone lol. also the deck belt is new but i had the prob with the old belt also.but it got worse when i put new belt on yes its the right belt.

Last edited by mekaynmo; 06-11-06 at 08:30 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-06, 05:11 AM
Sounds like a loose/bent mandrel shaft.
Mike

Old 06-12-06, 11:49 AM
Question mandrel shaft ?

thank you for your reply.what is a mandrel shaft and where is it located.is it on one of the pullys,like the main motor pully.Thank you,

Old 06-12-06, 07:37 PM
A mandrel shaft is the 2 or 3 shafts on the deck that transmit power from the v-belt to the blades. If one or both brgs in one loses all the balls in it, the shaft will wobble or if you've hit something hard w/ on of the blades, the shaft could be bent. either one of these conditions will cause vibration.Sometimes a bent blade can cause it too.
Block the wheels up so you can reach under deckWITH ENGINE STOPPED!!!! and check for side to side movement in mandrel shafts. If all are OK, turn each shaft by hand to see if shaft wobbles as it turns,if so it indicates a bent shaft. If you have one new blade, trade it out with each old blade and start engine to run deck at full speed to see if it gets rid of vibration. Be sure ENGINE IS STOPPED!!!! while changing blades.

Hope this helps,
Mike

Old 06-12-06, 08:37 PM
Thumbs up thank u for ur reply

thanks for replying.I will check it out.

Old 06-24-06, 11:44 PM
Most Wizdard are made by MTD, Check the deck for cracks around the spindles, worn or mis aligned pulleys, worn idler pulleys or bent,worn or loose hangers.

Old 06-26-06, 08:28 AM
i had an old wizzard westeren auto snow blower that took forever to find a manual and parts list. go to toro's web site and they will have it ,will send it to you no cost. good luck,