Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

homelite 2 cycle primer bulb no gas

06-12-06, 07:10 AM   #1  
homelite 2 cycle primer bulb no gas

i have a new homelite blower the rope broke and i replaced the rope it started on the first pull after i went through the starting procedure. prime pull half choke run full open.the fan blade came off.now it will not start after i put the blower fan on. it is getting spark but when i pump the primer bulb no gas comes anywhere. when i take the hose off from the primer bulb there is gas there.there is compression to but it won,t even run when i put gas in the spark plug hole. thanks ted

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-12-06, 10:48 PM   #2  
When the fan came off, I just imagine the flywheel key may well have sheared throwing the timing off.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-13-06, 01:22 AM   #3  
I'm sure a new key will solve the problem! If gas remains a problem check the fuel lines at the primer bulb. IF YOU REMOVED THEM earlier you may have reversed them while repairing?

06-25-06, 03:10 PM   #4  
On the Homelite hand held blowers, the flywheel key and the flywheel is one unit. Most likely the key sheared but the complete flywheel will have to be replaced.

Search this Thread