marvel mystery oil

Old 06-16-06, 07:25 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
marvel mystery oil

whats the deal with this product? what are the benifits ,uses , applications,pro's & con's for using this product? does this really work?

Old 06-16-06, 08:38 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
This stuff was around when I was a kid, which makes it older than dirt. It is a penetrating oil, used to loosen rusty threads/bolts.
It's MSDS shows it is primarily mineral spirits with chlorinated compounds of naphtha and benzene in it.

It's not magic, just an old time mechanics aid. Don't gargle with it or dump it in your gas tank. It will definitely hurt your pipes and probably hurt the seals in the fuel system and the catalytic converter.

Old 06-16-06, 10:03 PM
How old is that msds? The formula has changed...... its a great upper cylinder lube, fuel pump lube, carb lube, and cleaner..... safe to use in either oil or gas.
http://theoildrop.server101.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php
Lots of people like this stuff. Its great stuff.
http://householdproducts.nlm.nih.gov...ds&id=13005002

No chlorinated parrafins....

http://theoildrop.server101.com/cgi/...=003309#000019 check out the pistons......

its also a good fogging oil as well.

Old 06-17-06, 05:48 AM
It really is great stuff. I've used it for 20 years from loosening rusted bolts to using it as a fuel additive.

......and it tastes great on ice cream too.

Old 06-17-06, 09:10 AM
Maybe I'm just weird, but I love the smell of it.

Old 06-17-06, 09:15 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
The MSDS I saw could have been dated. I saw it on the web but didn't check any deeper.

Hey mattison - from your avitar and sig. line, were you ever a Kool Aid man? Both my son and son in law did that for a summer job in Cincy.

Old 06-17-06, 07:14 PM
lol..... the stuff does smell good...... I've done my own test on a 3.5 briggs classic..... intake right behind the valve (and the valve) was all carboned up, and the combustion chamber.... did a little combustion chamber cleaning and used the MMO after that.... after a good hard year.... took the head back off, the intake and intake valve was CLEAN, the combustion chamber was a light brown, and the the head and all was cleaner... the exhaust valve was cleaner as well.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: