Toro Cordless

Old 06-12-06, 03:57 PM
hotwire58
Visiting Guest
Toro Cordless

My cordless mower (Toro Carefree Cordless) seems to have no power and all I've done is change the blade. The recharagable batteries were replaced at the beginning of this mowing season and everything was running spiffy until I changed the blade. The batteries shows full power but the mower slows and sometimes stops when I begin mowing.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-06, 10:31 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Any chance you installed the blade upside down? With the battery disconnected, can you turn the blade by hand?

Old 06-14-06, 07:30 AM
I'm assuming that you have the correct blade, and reassembled everything exactly as it was, but it sounds like something is binding up. Did you catch a piece of string or wire and wrapped it around the spindle adding too much load for the motor. Get a good strong light and check out if anything is rubbing anywhere around the shaft.

By the way, how do you like your cordless mower? I've had the occasion to use a corded electric mower on a small lawn, and was surprised at how well that worked. Not wrestling with the cord and if it still had the same power, it would seem to me to be a good choice for a small lawn.

Last edited by bontai Joe; 06-14-06 at 07:40 AM.
Old 06-14-06, 08:00 AM
hotwire58
Visiting Guest
I reverted back to the old blade and everything is better. Blade was on correctly and no foreign objects wraped around the spindle. Strange! I bought the new blade at the Toro dealer and it looks like the old one but definitely something is different.
I love the recharageable mower and my lawn is fairly large but I have no problem with it keeping the charge. This is the first problem I've had in 5 years with it.

Old 06-15-06, 09:21 AM
I'm wondering if the 2 blades weigh the same? If the new one is heavier, that would explain the extra draw on the available power.

Old 06-15-06, 10:36 AM
hotwire58
Visiting Guest
I'll check that out, Thanks!