Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

craftsman gas hedge trimmer

RI

06-12-06, 05:08 PM   #1  
craftsman gas hedge trimmer

i have about 100 feet of hedges. i tried trimming them 2 weeks ago. the trimmer worked well for a time, my arm got tired and i stopped the unit. when i tried starting it up again it would not start. i replaced the plug and it ran well. again when i stopped and tried to syart it again, nothing. i replaced the plug again and it ran fine. what would cause the unit to foul the plugs? i went to a small engine clinic to get it fixed but the man said they charge $50 an hour. at this price i would rather buy another unit. is there something i can do to fix this problem or should i buy another trimmer ? thank you for your help.

edit: removed email address

Last edited by cheese; 06-12-06 at 10:26 PM.

Sponsored Links

RI

06-12-06, 05:10 PM   #2  
[QUOTE=artsyl]i have about 100 feet of hedges. i tried trimming them 2 weeks ago. the trimmer worked well for a time, my arm got tired and i stopped the unit. when i tried starting it up again it would not start. i replaced the plug and it ran well. again when i stopped and tried to syart it again, nothing. i replaced the plug again and it ran fine. what would cause the unit to foul the plugs? i went to a small engine clinic to get it fixed but the man said they charge $50 an hour. at this price i would rather buy another unit. is there something i can do to fix this problem or should i buy another trimmer ? thank you for your help.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-12-06, 10:28 PM   #3  
The carburetor is probably leaking fuel into the engine when it is off. Is the plug wet looking when you pull it out? If so, a carb rebuild should fix the problem.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-25-06, 03:19 PM   #4  
Using the wrong oil/fuel mixture can cause this.

Search this Thread