craftsman gas hedge trimmer

Old 06-12-06, 05:08 PM
craftsman gas hedge trimmer

i have about 100 feet of hedges. i tried trimming them 2 weeks ago. the trimmer worked well for a time, my arm got tired and i stopped the unit. when i tried starting it up again it would not start. i replaced the plug and it ran well. again when i stopped and tried to syart it again, nothing. i replaced the plug again and it ran fine. what would cause the unit to foul the plugs? i went to a small engine clinic to get it fixed but the man said they charge $50 an hour. at this price i would rather buy another unit. is there something i can do to fix this problem or should i buy another trimmer ? thank you for your help.

edit: removed email address

Last edited by cheese; 06-12-06 at 10:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-06, 05:10 PM
[QUOTE=artsyl]i have about 100 feet of hedges. i tried trimming them 2 weeks ago. the trimmer worked well for a time, my arm got tired and i stopped the unit. when i tried starting it up again it would not start. i replaced the plug and it ran well. again when i stopped and tried to syart it again, nothing. i replaced the plug again and it ran fine. what would cause the unit to foul the plugs? i went to a small engine clinic to get it fixed but the man said they charge $50 an hour. at this price i would rather buy another unit. is there something i can do to fix this problem or should i buy another trimmer ? thank you for your help.

Old 06-12-06, 10:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
The carburetor is probably leaking fuel into the engine when it is off. Is the plug wet looking when you pull it out? If so, a carb rebuild should fix the problem.

Old 06-25-06, 03:19 PM
Using the wrong oil/fuel mixture can cause this.