Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Not self pro-pelled

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

06-12-06, 11:45 PM   #1  
Not self pro-pelled

Ok I have a Ariens 5HP 21inch self-propelled mower model # 911044 seriel 002293. The way this self-propelled unit works is that the engine turns a belt that turns the BIG pully that turns a small wheel that rides on top of the pully and to make it go fast you push or pull a handle that moves the wheel to the center or the outer edge of the wheel.Well both the pully and the wheel work and turn with the engine but it moves really SLOW when the handle is pulled to the slowest part.And if I pull the wheel drive controll bar that engages the wheels all the way it won't move untill I back off a little bit.The small wheel Is atached to a shaft that turns a Gear that turns a BIG gear that turns the wheels.the pully that makes the belt tight the srping keeps coming off.Could this be the problem If you want I can post pictures of the tranmission.I've never seen one like this before.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

06-13-06, 08:55 AM   #2  
OK found out why it will not move forward(no its not the speed controll tried it on the fastest setting no go) turns out the pully under the engine that tightins the belt will not engage so when I engage the wheels the big pully stops turning cause theres not enough tesion on the belt to keep the pully turning.

Search this Thread