Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Murry won't start

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

06-14-06, 08:49 AM   #1  
Murry won't start

Ok I found another mower in the trash yesterday and today went to start it would not start. went to see if there was gas in the tank and the thing was full of WATER and as I drained the tank it started to get real dark yellow like orange. Is this water or VERY OLD GAS or the wrong grade of gas.Replaced with fresh fuel won't start the shut off valve is open (gas is coming out. It will run on starting fluid sprayed into the air fliter but when that burns off it runs REAL slow and then dies.SO now what. Removed the fuel line drained it and reatached it.still nothing. loosend the gas cap to rule out non venting gas cap still no change.Compresson reads 90 PSI. This engine does not have a primer.IT was built without one and has no choke.Any ideas.
Model KM7007 7 21951X12 date of manufacture 0997 .Ok talked to my parts guy heres what he said.

Check the oil and make sure the motor and oil does not have oil in it. I have taken a few mowers from the trash full of water by changing the gas, oil, . Also might take the bowl off the carb and drain the water out of it. Also take the spark plug out and pull the rope and see if you can get some of the water out through the plug hole. Ya the colors you saw was old gas. When its starting to turn bad it turns yellow. Then wheni ts rotten it is orange.

Ok I removed the carb bowl drained let the gas flow through it and the gas is the right color meaning its getting fresh fuel.The carb also has white spots on it.is that bad.I will do what he said and post the update.

Last edited by lexmarks567; 06-14-06 at 09:23 AM.

Sponsored Links

06-14-06, 10:06 AM   #2  
OK tried what he said and nothing still won't start without starting fluid.what is the problem. I bet its the carb.IT needs a rebuild I bet.

06-14-06, 12:57 PM   #3  
YEAH I GOT IT TO RUN UNDER ITS OWN FUEL! now I will just send it out to be rebuit so I will run like a champ cause it still sputters and dies but does it with its own fuel.

Search this Thread