Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pressure Washer for 2 Story House

06-14-06, 11:51 AM   #1  
Pressure Washer for 2 Story House

I have a 2 story house with a 1 story attached garage on one end and a 1 story family room on the other. For a number of years I've been washing the vinyl siding with an electric pressure washer. The washer has worked fine, but the challange has been carrying the unit, the feed hose, the detergent, etc. up the ladder and then balancing everythng on the peak of either the garage or family room roof while I washed the 2nd story of the main house. Thank God that with age comes wisdom, cause "I ain't doin' that no more"!
So I've been looking for a unit that will allow me to do the 2nd story by leaving everything on the ground except the absolute necessities; the hp hose and wand.
I figure the new unit will have to be gas powered (but I'd prefer electric), would need to support 50-75' of high pressure hose, support switching from detergent to hp spray at the wand and support siphoning at least 1 gal. of detergent.
Can you tell me if I'm on the right track or if there are other ways, short of hiring a contractor to wash the siding, that I should consider.
Also, can you recommend any pressure washers that would "fit the bill"....I've heard a lot of BAD things about almost every one of them....most problems seem to be with the pump.

Really appreciate the help!

Sponsored Links

06-14-06, 02:23 PM   #2  
i've been very pleased with the performance of the several units
we own from MI T M. mostly we run the 2700 psi 2.5 gpm direct drive gas engine models. they can handle two 50' hoses with no problem. get the Honda engine, it's worth the extra cost. when not in use, store the unit with a little antifreeze in the pump assy. and use fuel stabilizer. allways flush the downstream injector and shoot a little oil or WD into it before storage.
look at the job pro series.

06-15-06, 01:18 PM   #3  
Thanks flopshot! If the old budget can't afford $1100 for the MI T M, is there a second choice you'd recommend.

Search this Thread