weed wacker problems

Old 06-17-06, 07:31 PM
weed wacker problems

I have a homelite sxt 135 i need to no the plug gap the oil to gas mixture and how to set the fuel mixture screws on the carborator. I can get it to run but it dies out shortly after starting it. I was not running at all however cleaning the carb out with carb clean and some minor adjustments to the two fuel mixture screws got it to start. However i have no idea where they should be set. I also recieved another weedwacker identical for part with this one. The only thing i notice is that the two have different carboraters. Thanks
wolf

Sponsored Links
Old 06-17-06, 10:45 PM
All the way in snug, and out one turn as a baseline, then fine tune when its warmed up (slight smoke is good)
You will be fine with a ratio of 40:1 (3.2 ounces of air cooled 2 stroke oil) to one gallon of gas.
The plug gap should be .25

What you need to do is get a rebuild kit, with the diapragm and all the gaskets..... tear the carb apart and soak it in carb cleaner and blow it out (through any and all holes) with compressed air really good and use the parts from the kit to put it back together. Get a carb to engine gasket as well. 2 different year trimmers can have two different carbs.

Old 06-19-06, 09:42 PM
Using compressed air on a Walbro Wt can damage the check ball inside, spray WD 40 through all of the hole including the H L high and low adjustments. also make sure that the inlet lever is level with the floor of the carb, not above or below.
You said that the weedeaters were identical, if so then the carburetors are innerchangeable. It does`nt matter whether their Walbro or Zama, there still innerchageable.

Old 06-19-06, 09:48 PM
For your carb kits: if it`s Walbro ask for at WAT kit, for Zama it`s most likely a CUI

Old 06-21-06, 05:46 AM
I was surprised no one mentioned checking or changing the filter on the end of the pick up tube in the tank. I have found it common for those things to be varnished up. A generic one should fit there.

Old 07-15-06, 02:28 PM
hp carb

what the original carb is bad and u have a hp goped carb made by walbro that fits how do u tune that to work with the weed wacker

Old 07-16-06, 08:56 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Huh? Sorry, but I can't make any sense of that.

Old 04-19-08, 04:01 PM
32 cc craftsman weedwhacker

I was told that I would need a carb kit put in my 32cc whacker, can anyone tell me where I can go to order a carb kit.

Old 04-19-08, 09:33 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Your local small engine repair shop.

Old 04-20-08, 08:04 AM
weed wacker woes

sorry to bother you about something that I should have asked earlier, but, I was told by a local small engine repair shop that for him to buy a carb kit and put it in would cost me 50 dollars. That is why I ask about the carb kit and where to buy one, I am hoping to by pass him since he toldd me I would be better off buying new weed wacker, the one I bought is a 32 cc craftsman piece of $^#@, but I paid over a hundred dollars for it and have not use it more then 15 times. It is out of warranty, Do any of you know what a kit runs for. And where I can order a kit. I have went to the sears parts site and am awaiting to here from them but you know how long that might take.

I have had the carb out and tried to clean it out with my air gun, that did no good. The carb is an albro unit.

Symptoms that the wacker displays is, that it will not run when placed in the off choke positon. Will run great as long as I am adjusting the choke up and down and up and down.

This leads me to believ that there is not a problem with the gas or gas lines, Any help I would appreciate