Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Pressure Washer

06-20-06, 04:09 PM   #1  
Pressure Washer

I purchased a Sear 2000 psi pressure washer last year. When I pulled it out of the shed this year and hooked it up to the waster supply it simply runs out the release value.

How do I fix this?

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-21-06, 01:17 AM   #2  
Release value? I'm not sure what you're talking about...the relief valve? I don't see how it could be coming out the relief unless somehow some very high pressure occurred in the pump. Could it be coming out the siphon nipple?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

06-21-06, 03:13 AM   #3  
It's the mechanism that prevents the engine from overheating. It automatically releases the water to prevent damage.

FL

06-21-06, 05:14 AM   #4  
Pressure washers use the water they are pumping to cool the pump.

There are bypass guns that allow water flow at a much lower pressure when the gun isn't being used, some have a valve on the pump that does essentially the same thing. Some pumps have neither, and are directed to not run the washer for more than a few minutes unless it is being used.

I would venture a guess that some critter has built themselves a nest inside the pump, dirt dobbers/wasps nest are suprisingly strong when the opening is a small.

MA

06-21-06, 05:40 AM   #5  
If you live in a cold part of the country leaving the washer in the shed is not a good idea.Any water left in it will more than likely freeze and crack the components.

Search this Thread