Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi 725R engine rebuild

06-23-06, 06:55 AM   #1  
Ryobi 725R engine rebuild

My muffler bolt broke and I cracked the cylinder trying to remove it. I got a new cylinder. I'm wondering now if there is anything I don't know about sliding the piston back in and closing it back up. I don't want to fry the new cylinder or damage the piston.

Sponsored Links

AL

06-23-06, 10:29 AM   #2  
Posted By: BMoody4550 My muffler bolt broke and I cracked the cylinder trying to remove it. I got a new cylinder. I'm wondering now if there is anything I don't know about sliding the piston back in and closing it back up. I don't want to fry the new cylinder or damage the piston.

First of all scrape all the old gasket off the crankcase (trying not to mar the alm).Replace the gasket.The piston has two little tits (line up pegs) one in each ring grove.Oil the cylinder and piston good.Line the ring groves up with the tits.squaze the rings together and slide the cylinder down the piston till it seats to the crankcase,making sure carb.and exhost ports are on the correct sides,bolt on useing (red) locktite.

06-26-06, 01:56 PM   #3  
Thanks
What should I be oiling the cylinder and piston with? just 2 cycle oil or the mix? Soak it over nite type of thing?

AL

06-26-06, 03:44 PM   #4  
Just spread a little 10w30 motor oil inside the cylinder bore,and coat the piston and rings with same.Just want the piston to slide in while holding the rings closed around the piston.Don't forget the line up pins in the piston groves goes between each ring gap.TIP....a small smooth walled can will help squeeze the piston rings,while pushing it into the cylinder.Cut the bottom and top out of can,split down the length of can.Oil can too.wrap around piston and hold together.Remember which side is the intake and which is the exhoust.

06-27-06, 06:44 AM   #5  
Ok Thanks for the help

Search this Thread