Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Coleman 1100 Pressure Washer

MS

06-24-06, 01:50 PM   #1  
Coleman 1100 Pressure Washer

I have a Coleman 1100 Pressure Washer that had been working fine. Recently, after it's been running for a while (on high pressure), whenever I release the trigger and then re-squeeze it, rather than a steady high-pressure stream it begins to pulse.

Sometimes, but not often, it will revert back to a steady stream, but usually it remains delivering the water in a pulse mode. This makes the project take more than twice as long to complete.

Does anyone have any suggestions or recommendations of what I can to to resolve this problem and make it diliver a continuous steady high-pressure stream of water?

Thanks, Jerry

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-25-06, 12:51 AM   #2  
Sounds like the usual pressure washer component failure: the unloader valve. Either that, or your tip is clogged partially, creating too much pressure to build up in the high pressure hose. If the hose/tip are ok, increase the tension on the unloader spring if it's adjustable. I have increased spring tension by putting a small washer behind the spring inside the valve body on non-adjustable units. It usually only takes one or two thin washers.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread