Pressure Washer Recommendation

Old 06-26-06, 09:38 AM
Question Pressure Washer Recommendation

I'm looking for a recommendation on a good quality pressure washer that I will be able to use on the following:
Wood fence
Wood deck
Garage floor
Vinyl Siding

I don't want to skimp on quality but I also don't want to break the bank. I'm looking for most bang for buck here with a budget of $400 or less.

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-26-06, 10:29 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Just briefly, I would suggest:
Gas powered, since you want to move to possibly remote areas.
A brand name engine on a brand name washer - you want to be able to get parts, if needed.
2000 or greater P.S.I.
Available accessories such as longer hose or extension wand for reaching high places like the eaves.
Detergent dispenser.

Old 06-26-06, 10:51 AM
Thanks! I found one on ebay that looks nice. $300 (includes shipping). It's a Troy Built with a Honda engine 2450 PSI. The only thing is that it's factory reconduitioned. It seems like a pretty good deal for it and comes with a 90 day warranty. It states it has a "chemical injection tube". Would this be related to a "Detergent dispenser"? I wasn't sure exactly what that was.

Here's a link to the one I'm looking into:
http://cgi.ebay.com/PRESSURE-WASHER-...QQcmdZViewItem

Thanks again!

Old 07-16-06, 09:53 AM
Angry Don't buy

Don't buy a Pressure Wave PWH2500. Mine has been trouble from day 1. Won't pick up soap through aux line. hard start due to water pressure, and now it acts like the pump is out or however the engine and pump ar tied together has disconnected. The unit is less than a year old used 5 times. I can get no information on the web from DeVilbiss (pump maker). Hope I can find the reciept. Bought it at Sams. If anyone knows where I can find an exploded view of this P.O.S. please let me know.

Old 07-16-06, 06:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Originally Posted by barlav
it has a "chemical injection tube". Would this be related to a "Detergent dispenser"? I wasn't sure exactly what that was.
Same thing, most pressure washers have them although I never use that feature. I prefer to use a pump up garden sprayer for all chemicals/cleaners. Always check prior to using the dispenser/injector that the agent you use won't adversely affect the pump.