Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Question about Pole Chainsaws

06-26-06, 07:14 PM   #1  
Question about Pole Chainsaws

I have wanted to get a pole chainsaw for some time now after dealing with the old fashioned hand one. I may be too cheap since I haven't had too many problems with the hand saw other than it can be tiring. I have looked at the Stihl brand and impressed, however the price always scares me away. I am wondering if anyone recommends the cheap electric ones made by Remington, I am leary of the brand and afraid I will have a chain saw coming off the end from 15 feet in the air! Does anyone know where you can get used ones (stihl)?

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

06-28-06, 01:17 AM   #2  
Take a look on ebay. You should be able to find them on there. I haven't used an electric one, but wouldn't be scared to. If you're just the occasional user, electric would probably be a decent choice if power cords aren't an issue to you.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

PA

06-28-06, 07:37 AM   #3  
Doesn't matter what kind of saw you use for overhead work, gas, electric or manual, you will still need a hard hat for protection. Safety first! I'd have no problem recomending the Remington electric saw for occasional homeowner type use. Saves a lot of shoulder and back aches from pushing and pulling a manual saw, but don't expect to cut up a cord of firewood with it.

Search this Thread