MoWER HELP

Old 06-28-06, 09:16 AM
MoWER HELP

hello
I need some help here with a JohnDeere 160 lawn tractor.
Someone took it apart and could not reassemble it ,so they brought it to me to fix. I have got it mostly figured out,but the clutch pedal has me going.
The pedal is not hooked up to anything,and I don't have any parts that look right for it. On the belt that goes from the motor to the tranny(this is a five speed tranny,so it doesn't use the complicated "torque converter/variable pitch pulley deal) I have two idler pulleys that are mounte d about six inches apart on a metal plate that swivels,the belt goes thru these like in an "S" and plate has a spring that makes the plate swivel to tighten the belt. I think this is some kind of clutch deal, but I can't see how it hooks to the pedal. Anyone know how this goes? I'd appreciate some HELP
Thanks Tornerito

Sponsored Links
Old 06-28-06, 02:43 PM
http://jdparts.deere.com/servlet/com...s.HomeUnsigned

Click on myJDparts button and type in your model number info.

Old 06-28-06, 10:43 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I believe the clutch rod has a hook in the end, and the swiveling bracket with the idlers on it should have a hook stamped in it. The clutch rod hooks onto the hook on the plate. This is just going by memory. Maybe the link JLO gave you will help.

Old 06-29-06, 06:31 AM
Originally Posted by cheese
I believe the clutch rod has a hook in the end, and the swiveling bracket with the idlers on it should have a hook stamped in it. The clutch rod hooks onto the hook on the plate. This is just going by memory. Maybe the link JLO gave you will help.
Go to www.jdparts.com and register as a member (it's free and tey won't spam you if you check the right boxes) and do a model search as mentioned above. They have complete parts lists AND drawings showing where everything goes. Best of luck to you!

Old 06-29-06, 07:15 AM
right you are cheese,but I think the swivel is on backwards,because the hook on the swivel faces the oposite way so it would be imposible to hook it that way,but I'll turn it around and see, I have learned that the fact that the part is on doesn't meanit's on RIGHT, Also would it hook with a spring or with a rod or what. I'll check JDparts again thanks,I'll let you know

Old 07-04-06, 05:29 PM
thanks

Ok,guys, I got my puzzle put toghether and it runs fine, Thanks A Lot! Ran it over a lawn I mow to try it out,starts fine too and it was sitting around for over a year!
have a good evening!
tornerito

Old 07-05-06, 12:30 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Great! Gald you got it going, and thanks for the update. That is a great mower, and they don't make 'em like that anymore. The Kawasaki engines on them just keep running and running.