Honda HH31S

Old 06-29-06, 03:49 PM
Honda HH31S

I have a Honda trimmer HH31S and it has been working great for me. I was just looking through the manual and I noticed that it recommends lubricating the gear case and check/lubricate the drive cable every 6 months or so. Unfortunately it is no where in the owners manual where it tells you how to do it. I'm trying to get away from paying $35 for the service manual. I was just hoping that someone here could help me out with a general idea on what needs to be done. I'm pretty mechanically inclined, but I just need a little direction. Thanks!!

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-06, 07:45 PM
anyone? Am I going to have to buy the service manual?

Old 07-01-06, 01:20 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Generally, to lube the cable, you would separate the engine from the boom, slide the cable out of the boom, and grease it. To lube the gearbox, there should be a plug you can remove to fill the gearbox with the reccomended lube. Probably "00" grease.

Old 07-03-06, 03:21 PM
Originally Posted by cheese
Generally, to lube the cable, you would separate the engine from the boom, slide the cable out of the boom, and grease it. To lube the gearbox, there should be a plug you can remove to fill the gearbox with the reccomended lube. Probably "00" grease.

What should I grease the cable with? Any certain type?

Old 07-04-06, 01:33 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I don't know what Honda reccomends, but I use multi-purpose wheel bearing grease.