Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Shopping for a trimmer/edger this w/e

NC

06-30-06, 06:19 PM   #1  
Shopping for a trimmer/edger this w/e

DH needs a trimmer/edger combination. He says he does not want another frustrating string/line one, but the kind with some kind of blade?

Can anyone recommend one for us? I'm googling but not having much luck. We have a postage stamp size yard and don't need a Tim the Toolman Taylor machine.

Sponsored Links
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

06-30-06, 07:15 PM   #2  
Most electric trimmers have after market parts like a blade kit that you install on them We had a weed eater electric trimmer and a found a blade atachment that fit that model installed it and worked better then the string.If you have a gas trimmer you can find all sorts of after market parts for them just go to yourlocal hardware store or home center and ask.you will be surprised at what you will find. Hope this helps.

Posted By: foreverkeeps DH needs a trimmer/edger combination. He says he does not want another frustrating string/line one, but the kind with some kind of blade?

Can anyone recommend one for us? I'm googling but not having much luck. We have a postage stamp size yard and don't need a Tim the Toolman Taylor machine.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-01-06, 01:27 AM   #3  
I'm not aware of any trimmer/combos that don't come with the line head. Aftermarket heads with blades are available most anywhere.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

NC

07-01-06, 04:22 AM   #4  
Thanks. Part of the problem may be our gas trimmer is so old an big.

The feed mechanism locks up.

We saw the Black and Decker cordless trimmer/edger at Amazon an Home depot. As cheap as it is, we could replace it 3 times for the same price.

And since our yard is so small, we may go that route.

Search this Thread