Shopping for a trimmer/edger this w/e

Old 06-30-06, 06:19 PM
Shopping for a trimmer/edger this w/e

DH needs a trimmer/edger combination. He says he does not want another frustrating string/line one, but the kind with some kind of blade?

Can anyone recommend one for us? I'm googling but not having much luck. We have a postage stamp size yard and don't need a Tim the Toolman Taylor machine.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-06, 07:15 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Most electric trimmers have after market parts like a blade kit that you install on them We had a weed eater electric trimmer and a found a blade atachment that fit that model installed it and worked better then the string.If you have a gas trimmer you can find all sorts of after market parts for them just go to yourlocal hardware store or home center and ask.you will be surprised at what you will find. Hope this helps.

Originally Posted by foreverkeeps
DH needs a trimmer/edger combination. He says he does not want another frustrating string/line one, but the kind with some kind of blade?

Can anyone recommend one for us? I'm googling but not having much luck. We have a postage stamp size yard and don't need a Tim the Toolman Taylor machine.

Old 07-01-06, 01:27 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
I'm not aware of any trimmer/combos that don't come with the line head. Aftermarket heads with blades are available most anywhere.

Old 07-01-06, 04:22 AM
Thanks. Part of the problem may be our gas trimmer is so old an big.

The feed mechanism locks up.

We saw the Black and Decker cordless trimmer/edger at Amazon an Home depot. As cheap as it is, we could replace it 3 times for the same price.

And since our yard is so small, we may go that route.