Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Huge Lawn...Broken Riding Duetz-Allis Mower

07-03-06, 03:48 PM   #1  
Huge Lawn...Broken Riding Duetz-Allis Mower

Hi I've recently had some problem with my riding mower starting up. I've been up and down this forum but can't find the exact problem. I'm able to hook up the mower to my truck and start it fine but the second I disconnect the mower dies. I've already replaced the battery with no luck. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-04-06, 01:24 AM   #2  
What brand/model engine is on it?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Group Moderator

NC

07-04-06, 04:17 AM   #3  
Gunmetal: You say that you hook the tractor to your truck. Are you using a pair of jumper cables or are you towing it to get it started? Is it diesel or gas?

07-04-06, 05:13 PM   #4  
Engine

I was using jumper cables hooked up to the battery. Excuse my ignorance but the mower is actually my father in law's. I've looked under the hood and the only engine information I can find is: Vanguard 12.5 hp V-twin engine. Thanks for replying guys.

Gunmetal

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-05-06, 12:41 AM   #5  
So it runs fine as long as it's connected to the truck via jumper cables? Once disconnected, it dies? If so, there must be a voltage problem. The carb may have a fuel shutoff solenoid that requires voltage to remain open and allow fuel to go into the engine. Without voltage, it will shut the fuel flow off and kill the engine. I'd start by checking the battery and make sure it is good, and then start checking connections, switches and fuses. Do you have a voltmeter? Test light?

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread