Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Ryobi Gas Trimmer Dies When You Give It Throttle

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

07-16-06, 01:21 AM   #1  
Ryobi Gas Trimmer Dies When You Give It Throttle

OK in a pack of mowers a guy dropped off was a ryobi 17inch gas 31cc 2 in 1 filp in edge. its a pain to start and once going as soon as i give it even a little throttle it dies.Sounds to me like the carb could use cleaning or a rebuild.What do you guys think.How hard would it be to rebuild a diaframe carb if cleaning does not help.The carbs a walbro.

Sponsored Links

IA

07-16-06, 02:28 PM   #2  
I would at least put the gasket kit in it when you had it apart to clean it. They aren't hard to dismantle/reassemble.

If you haven't done it before, lay out your parts in a row as you dismantle it. Then substitute the new gaskets for the used parts in the row and reassemble it in reverse.

If you have to sneeze in the middle of it, turn your head the other way.

Good luck,

Hope this helps

07-16-06, 06:00 PM   #3  
Well Im going to have to send it out it to my guy. I took it apart to inspect it and nothing looked damaged.Put it back together and the trimmer won't start .Does not even catch.I know it had spark cause it was running before I took it apart.Just it was hard to start and as soon as I gave it throttle it died.So now what.This Is why I don't do carbs.

07-21-06, 12:43 AM   #4  
OK I sent the carb out. I took it apart like said but did not put it back together right cause it would not start.I took it apart again and found the spring that controlls the needle came out of place so the needle was out of place so the engine would not start.So I just put it back the best I could and sent it out to my guy. I don't like working on diaframe carbs they are a pain to work with just to many parts to get right.I will post back after I get it back and see if that helps.I am pretty good with small engines but I draw the line at diaframe carbs.The float carbs you just replace the needle and float clean the carb and your all set.Those carbs I do with ease.

Search this Thread