Green Macine trimmer runs only with choke 1/2 closed, Help?

Old 07-16-06, 10:39 PM
Question Green Macine trimmer runs only with choke 1/2 closed, Help?

Hi, great site, have viewed it many times and even been able to once offer advice, well now I have a problem I cannot figure.
Our green machine string trimmer with a tk carb will only idle and run with about 10% throttle. Any more throttle it dies. It will run on high throttle with the choke half or more closed.

Also once it has run a bit and is hot, if I shut it off it will NOT start again for me.
Can anyone help me out? Thanks, Bart

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-06, 11:45 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Hello pinmakers!

Sounds to me like you need to remove and clean the carb. You may want to go ahead and install a rebuild kit while you're in there. Check the fuel lines and primer for cracks too.

Old 07-19-06, 03:21 AM
Clean carb and also clean the muffler. I have a echo that gradually ran with less and less power and finally would not run at all and it was the muffler. I cleaned the screens in muffler and wow it ran like a new one.

Larry

Old 07-26-06, 08:31 PM
Thanks, I'll order a rebuild kit. Do you know where the screen is in the muffler?
Bart

Old 07-27-06, 02:48 PM
You should have a deflector attached to the muffler held on with three torx-head screws. The screen should be under this deflector. If not this style, then you may have a removable "nut" at the outlet of the muffler. The screen may be incorporated into this "nut".