Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Troy-Bilt PTO tiller attachments

PA

07-18-06, 07:26 AM   #1  
Troy-Bilt PTO tiller attachments

Of course I bought my tiller a couple of years before the PTO feature was introduced on the Troy-Bilt Horse tiller. I recall in the 1980's they offered several attachments that used the PTO's drive, like a wood chipper, log splitter, electric generator. Currently I think MTD only offers the log splitter. Does anyone here own such a set up and what do you think of the attachments? I ask as I kinda like the idea of my tiller's engine being used for other things during the year, and I have seen some of the attachments sell ocassionally fairly cheap. Of course it would mean I'd need to get a PTO model tiller to replace my current one.

Sponsored Links

MO

07-20-06, 06:45 PM   #2  
MTD has taken over Troy-Bilt and several others anything you are interested in related to Troy-Bilt can probably be found at
www.mtdproducts.com/
Have a nice day. Geo

PA

07-21-06, 07:45 AM   #3  
I just checked out MTD's site and as I had seen before, the only PTO attachment currently offered is the log splitter. The other attachments I mentioned were from back in the GardenWay Associates days (pre MTD) Since I have asked this in several forums and no one seems to have these other attachments, I guess that answers my question, apparently they didn't sell too many generators or wood chippers explaining why they are no longer made.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-21-06, 10:15 PM   #4  
I don't think I've ever seen a generator or chipper attatchment for one. That doesn't mean they're not around, but they must not be common, as you suspected. I've got one of those old tillers in the corner waiting for me to pay it some attention. It's been waiting for several years. The old kohler 7hp engine is probably frozen up by now . Maybe one day.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread