Mini roto-tiller - looses power (stalls under a load)?

Old 07-19-06, 07:50 AM
Mini roto-tiller - looses power (stalls under a load)?

I have a 2-stroke Homelite mini roto-tiller that just wants to stall when it is put to work... any idea why? The spark plug looks "ok". I blew out the carb and air filter with compressed air. I serviced the clutch and worm gear box myself a while back and it worked good for a while. Now it just wants to stall when it is put to work. Could it be a carb setting? I don't have an operation manual, so I am reluctant to touch the settings on the carb.

Any ideas, suggestions or advice would be great! I could just take it to a mechanic, but this might warrant buying a new one... I'm not crazy about spending money on repairs if I can figure it out myself.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-19-06, 08:58 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Most likely a carb problem. Have you checked fuel lines for pinholes/cracks? You'll probably have to disassemble and clean the carb. You could try backing out the high speed screw just a tad. (the screw closest to the air filter, usually marked with an H on the carb).

Old 07-25-06, 11:22 AM
no I haven't checked the fuel lines for a hole, I'll do that - thanks! I'll disassemble the carb as well to clean it up... before thatr I'll look at the high speed screw, thanks... any other advice Cheese? anyone else have any input?

Search this Thread