Carb info please

Old 07-19-06, 05:02 PM
Carb info please

A friend(maybe not) is bringing me some items that no longer want to start or run properly on Fri, I plan on going to the parts place tomorrow, the question is does all
Stihl FS 46 weed trimmers use the same type carbs.
Stihl BG 75 Blowers use the same type carbs.
and
McCullough Eager Beaver saw 16" 2.0 ci use the same type carb.
If so I can just give them the model number and
can get gasket/carb kits tomorrow without waiting to disassemble them to check what type carb they have. The trip to the parts store is not just around the corner. Have a nice day. Geo

Sponsored Links
Old 07-21-06, 01:56 AM
Unhappy

Originally Posted by geogrubb
A friend(maybe not) is bringing me some items that no longer want to start or run properly on Fri, I plan on going to the parts place tomorrow, the question is does all
Stihl FS 46 weed trimmers use the same type carbs.
Stihl BG 75 Blowers use the same type carbs.
and
McCullough Eager Beaver saw 16" 2.0 ci use the same type carb.
If so I can just give them the model number and
can get gasket/carb kits tomorrow without waiting to disassemble them to check what type carb they have. The trip to the parts store is not just around the corner. Have a nice day. Geo
UN FORTUNATELY NO.LIFE WOULD BE TO SIMPLE THAT WAY. SOME MODELS HAVE THE PRIMERS MIXTURE SCREWS AND THROTTLE SHAFTS ON DIFFERENT SIDES OF ENGINE EVEN THOUGH THEY MIGHT BE MADE BY SAME COMPANY,ALSO IT DEPENDS ON EPA EMISION COMPLIANCE. PHASE 1 MAY HAVE MIXTURE SCREWS WHILE PHASE 2 STANDARDS HAVE FIXED(UNADJUSTABLE ) CARBS. CUASING KITS TO BA NON INTERCHANGABLE.

Old 07-21-06, 10:28 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Now I can read this post. I tried to see it a few days ago, but it wouldn't show up on my screen for some reason.

Cleancut is right, there were probably a dozen or more carbs used on these models. A good many of them will interchange, I'm sure, but probably not all of them.

Old 07-26-06, 03:26 PM
Cheese, Cleancut:
I happened to be driving by a Stihl Dealer and pulled and asked about the carb kits for the FS46 and BG75. The first thing out of this mouth was "got the carb numbers". He said the had 5 carbs listed for the FS46 and 4 for the BG75. No, I hadn't removed the carbs yet, just took them off today and they are both Stihl Zama and not the same. I just wanted to say you guys were exactly right. Have a nice day. Geo

Old 07-26-06, 08:05 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Good luck with them!