Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Shindaiwa Weed Trimmer.

07-20-06, 06:16 AM   #1  
Shindaiwa Weed Trimmer.

I am trying to rebuild a Shindaiwa T-231 weed trimmer and I accidentally broke one of the fins on the flywheel while disassembling it. Will that make the flywheel be off balanced?

Sponsored Links

07-20-06, 06:28 AM   #2  
i don't think one fin will make that much of a difference, but if it vibrates bad replace it. i've seen many in operation with a fin or two missing. check it out with the trimmer head removed to rule out any vibration caused by the head.

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-21-06, 12:41 AM   #3  
It will throw it out of balance. It may or may not be bad enough to cause much noticeable vibration, but on a nice (and expensive) trimmer like that, I'm sure you're hoping to get many more years of service from it. A flywheel slightly out of balance will take its toll in time on the engine crankshaft bearings. I'd reccomend replacing it. If it was just a $90 homeowner brand trimmer that probably won't last more than a few years, it wouldn't be as big of a deal.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread