Briggs pulsa-jet carburetor

Old 07-22-06, 03:34 PM
Briggs pulsa-jet carburetor

What would cause a condition such as this...after rebuilding the carburetor, adjusting the needle valve had very little effect on the running of the engine. In fact only the last 1/4 to 1/2 turn really had the only effect on the engine. Should I have checked the metering holes underneath the welch plug? The numbers on the engine are M-91202, T-0164-01, C-960903FA.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-22-06, 06:36 PM
Jack,

At idle; set the idle jet screw in until seated. I'm sure you will get a response. If not, you have a vacume leak.

Dave237

Old 07-22-06, 10:48 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
By the last 1/4 to 1/2 turn, do you mean turned out, or all the way in? Is this on a horizontal shaft engine? Could be air leak, could be carb restriction, behind the welch plug or elsewhere. I've had one or two of these on horizontal engines that refused to come clean. I soaked them over and over, blew out, cleaned welch plugs, sprayed through all passages, cleaned with tip cleaners, and repeated many times, and finally gave up and installed a different carb. It's not something I've had happen often, maybe a time or two, but it has happened. I don't know where the restriction was, but I couldn't seem to find it.

Old 07-22-06, 11:52 PM
Jack B.,

Agreed! Either 1/4 turn out or 1/4 turn in; it all boils down to the same thing. Cloged jet or vacume leak..... I guess it's up to you to decide?

Dave237

Old 07-23-06, 09:13 PM
sounds like sucking air. check for broken gaskets. make sure your carb is tight

Old 09-26-08, 11:46 PM
If you didn't wedge the choke plate open before you tightened down the carb-to-tank screws, the diaphragm won't have the correct 'preload' and the choke will be too rich. This is assuming that you assembled the other parts correctly. - Jim

Old 09-28-08, 06:32 PM
Just to let you know Jimbeau, you are replying to a post that is over two years old. I am betting that they either figured out the problem or gave up by now.