Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need Inner Tube Purchase Info

TN

07-24-06, 11:28 AM   #1  
Need Inner Tube Purchase Info

Hello All.
I have a Craftsman power washer that has a flat tire. The tube is beyond repair. It has a 6-inch split along a seam.
Of course the first thing I do is go to Sears, then Home Depot, then Lowes. No one carries inner tubes! Once I got home I got on Tractor Supply Warehouse's web site and, you guessed it, no inner tubes.
The size I need is 3.5 x 3.0 - 4. Any recommendations for an online store where I could purchaase a couple?
Thanks for your help,
Jim

Sponsored Links

CANADA

07-24-06, 01:48 PM   #2  
have you tried going to http://www3.sears.com (the online parts store) and entering in the model number of the pressure washer then get the part # of the tube and order it through sears parts.

TN

07-24-06, 01:57 PM   #3  
Thanks James.
I wasn't aware that there is such a site. Of course the folks at Sears didn't say anything about it either.
I appreciate your tip and I'll let you know how it works out.
Regards,
Jim

NY

07-24-06, 02:40 PM   #4  
Otherwise, and since I've never heard of that tire size, I'll bet a 4.10/3.50-4 or a 9X3.50-4 tube will work. What are your rough measurements of tire diameter and width?

TN

07-24-06, 05:14 PM   #5  
Well from that site, Sears sells only a "wheel kit" consisting of an axle, e-clips, and a tire/2-piece hub/inner tube. It's only $25 but the way I look at it why spend $25 when, hopefully, with a bit of research I can find just the part I need.
Btw, the measurement given in my original post was taken from the inner tube itself. What's strange is that I bought this power washer only last year, brand new! Hard to believe it is this difficult to find and inner tube.
Oh well, the search continues.

FL

07-24-06, 06:02 PM   #6  
HD does sell inner tubes, though not sure if they sell that size. Look in the lawnmower section, where the blades are.

Beyond that, you might consider just having the tires 'filled'. Take them to your local tire place, most can fill them with a solid foam. No more flat tires and at about $5 / tire, is probably cheaper than a new tube.

TN

07-24-06, 06:11 PM   #7  
Pendragon, now THAT is a great idea!
FWIW, I did check the lawn mower section at both HD & Lowes.
Very Interesting!

TN

07-27-06, 08:54 PM   #8  
go to your local tractor supply store they stock inner tubes man, not sure why they would not be listed online but they have them.

Search this Thread