Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need a gas cap

Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation

07-24-06, 12:59 PM   #1  
Need a gas cap

I need a gas cap for a lawn keeper gas 15 inch string trimmer model B-2515. I talked to my guy he said he never heard of that brand so he can't help.

Last edited by lexmarks567; 07-24-06 at 06:23 PM.

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

OH

07-24-06, 01:58 PM   #2  
Probably made by American Yard Products for Lawn Keeper.
Drain the gas and take it to an independent dealer. Bet he will find a cap to match.

NY

07-24-06, 02:36 PM   #3  
American Yard Products (AYP) is now Electrolux. I doubt that it is one of their products (Husqvarna, Poulan/Weed Eater, Jonsered...and the list goes on). It is more likely an off brand, forget getting parts, subsidiary of Buffalo Tools. Try another dealer who specializes in handheld equipment service and hopefully they can set you up with a will-work cap.

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

07-25-06, 12:35 PM   #4  
As of 12 June 2006, the former Outdoor Products operations of Electrolux has been divested as a separate company, Husqvarna AB. Husqvarna AB is the parent company in the Husqvarna Group, covering outdoor brands such as Husqvarna, Jonsered, McCulloch, Partner, Poulan and WeedEater, as well as construction equipment brands like Diamant Boart and Partner Industrial.
Hard to keep track of the players - they keep changing the scorecard.

According to one web site, AYP built a number of private label items for various stores.

07-25-06, 07:46 PM   #5  
So basicly this is shopping stores own brand.
Couldn't I just swap tanks with a unit that don't work but has the cap.

Posted By: goldstar As of 12 June 2006, the former Outdoor Products operations of Electrolux has been divested as a separate company, Husqvarna AB. Husqvarna AB is the parent company in the Husqvarna Group, covering outdoor brands such as Husqvarna, Jonsered, McCulloch, Partner, Poulan and WeedEater, as well as construction equipment brands like Diamant Boart and Partner Industrial.
Hard to keep track of the players - they keep changing the scorecard.

According to one web site, AYP built a number of private label items for various stores.

Forum Topic Moderator

OH

07-26-06, 09:49 AM   #6  
That might work. I doubt that every compny has tanks made just for them. Check it out with your local small engine repair shop.

07-26-06, 11:22 PM   #7  
good news

HEY GOOD NEWS THE MISTERY IS SOLVED

After talking to my buddy whos in the lawnmower repair business he said that its definitely a homlite.They made these for other people just kept there name off of it.He said it might be model st-155 but not 100% sure.Either way it will still be hard to get parts as homlite went out of business.

NY

07-27-06, 02:27 PM   #8  
If this is indeed a Homelite product, don't fret just yet, you can still find parts. Long-time dealers are your best source but you can also find many aftermarket companies that have several parts for Homelite's such as Stens, Oregon and Rotary. Sears, too, is a good source for parts, provided you have a part number already. For part numbers, try this site http://www.ordertree.com/index.asp and you can do look-ups for all their (as well as others) models. Bear in mind that to do a Homelite look-up you need the "UT" number as this is Homelite's model number.

07-30-06, 03:33 AM   #9  
Well I went to that sight thinking its made my bolens no luck don't list bolens.Heres a pic of the trimmer in question

Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-30-06, 11:14 PM   #10  
That's a homelite.

"Who is John Galt?" - Ayn Rand (Atlas Shrugged)

God bless!

Search this Thread