Craftsman Self-Propelled Forward motion problem 917-378072

Old 07-24-06, 01:13 PM
Angry Craftsman Self-Propelled Forward motion problem 917-378072

I have a Craftsman 6.0hp Self-Propelled push mower model# 917-378072, the forward drive went out because the belt slipped off the engine, i pulled the engine off and put the belt back on, and it still didn't work. after further lookign at the gear box, the axle on the "left/driver side" of the gear box "came off" it looks like it is supposed to "come off" but i can't figure out how to reattach it. i can't find my orriginal schemadics. so if anyone has them and can email them to me i would appreciate it. i have done google searches, sears-parts searches and searches here,

if not the schemadics, if you have any idea how to fix this let me konw :"> thanks

Sponsored Links
Old 07-24-06, 02:59 PM
If I'm understanding you correctly, it sounds as though the axle has broken...not come out. If, in fact, it is the axle then this is not as it should be and is broken requiring a new transmissoin assembly. Check this out http://www3.sears.com/Paul/document_...=LAWN%20MOWER& and look at the control bar, wheels diagram for your mower. You'll see item 42 is an assembly (transmission). Now if on the other hand you have an issue with item 43, which is the wheel adjuster and retains the wheel itself, you can replace just this.