Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Cub Cadet LT1045 Starting Problem

07-25-06, 01:43 PM   #1  
Cub Cadet LT1045 Starting Problem

Here's my problem, I've got a 2006 Cub Cadet LT1045 model (purchased a couple of months ago) and am having problem starting it. The engine will not turn over. I was cutting grass this afternoon and I had to cut the engine off w/o disengaging the blades and when I went to restart, the engine will not crank and it only makes a "click" sound. The blades are disengaged, brake is set, all which are required. The battery is fine, I checked the fuse and it appears to be ok as well as the lights come on. Any ideas as to why I can't even get the engine to turn over and nothing but a "click"??

Sponsored Links

Non-US

07-25-06, 05:47 PM   #2  
If it's 2 months old & won't crank, Call the nearest service center. There must be a warranty on it (seems like my answer of the day, doesen't it??)

IA

07-25-06, 07:27 PM   #3  
Hopkinsr2:

It's also good advice. If it's under warranty the service centers don't want you working on it.

07-26-06, 05:52 AM   #4  
Blades...

Sounds like the blades are still engaged or the switch to make sure your in the seat isn't contacting. Double check - pull the PTO knob out and push it back in and try again. Double check the basics to make sure it's not operator error, then if it still doesn't start bring it in it's under warranty.

OH

07-28-10, 08:43 AM   #5  
Problems wiht starting LT-1045

I too have the same issues did you ever figure out what was causing the issue?

OH

07-28-10, 08:59 AM   #6  
Help! I have the same issue

I bought mine 1 1/2 ago and now have the same issues described in this post. Did you ever find out what was causing the issue?

Search this Thread