Cub Cadet LT1045 Starting Problem

Old 07-25-06, 01:43 PM
Lightbulb Cub Cadet LT1045 Starting Problem

Here's my problem, I've got a 2006 Cub Cadet LT1045 model (purchased a couple of months ago) and am having problem starting it. The engine will not turn over. I was cutting grass this afternoon and I had to cut the engine off w/o disengaging the blades and when I went to restart, the engine will not crank and it only makes a "click" sound. The blades are disengaged, brake is set, all which are required. The battery is fine, I checked the fuse and it appears to be ok as well as the lights come on. Any ideas as to why I can't even get the engine to turn over and nothing but a "click"??

Sponsored Links
Old 07-25-06, 05:47 PM
If it's 2 months old & won't crank, Call the nearest service center. There must be a warranty on it (seems like my answer of the day, doesen't it??)

Old 07-25-06, 07:27 PM
Hopkinsr2:

It's also good advice. If it's under warranty the service centers don't want you working on it.

Old 07-26-06, 05:52 AM
gsr
Blades...

Sounds like the blades are still engaged or the switch to make sure your in the seat isn't contacting. Double check - pull the PTO knob out and push it back in and try again. Double check the basics to make sure it's not operator error, then if it still doesn't start bring it in it's under warranty.

Old 07-28-10, 08:43 AM
Problems wiht starting LT-1045

I too have the same issues did you ever figure out what was causing the issue?

Old 07-28-10, 08:59 AM
Help! I have the same issue

I bought mine 1 1/2 ago and now have the same issues described in this post. Did you ever find out what was causing the issue?